Date Added: 6 December 2017
: 12 December 2017
Job Title: Policy Manager
Working For: Institution of Civil Engineers
12 month FTC.
ICE is an international membership organisation that promotes and advances civil engineering around the world. ICE is a qualifying body, a centre for the exchange of specialist knowledge, and a provider of resources to encourage innovation and excellence in the profession worldwide.
Located in the heart of Westminster, the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) has long held a close relationship with Parliament and government departments and works constantly to engage with these key stakeholders. Through a series of high profile reports, direct contributions to government policy making activity, formal responses to government consultations and submissions to select committee inquiries, ICE's expert opinions and specialist resources of are represented at the very centre of politics and policymaking
The Policy Manager will be charged with producing high quality policy reports and other materials to support the public voice and knowledge transfer goals of the ICE.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the promotion of the ICE public voice through an external affairs strategy.
- Produce reports, policy statements and responses to government consultations and select committees.
- Analyse political, economic and industry developments to ensure that policy projects address the most salient issues affecting civil engineering and infrastructure.
- Lead a policy sector and thought leadership programme theme.
- Enable knowledge transfer from ICE to policy makers.
- Enable Communications colleagues to respond to media requests to promote ICE profile and support informed debate.
- Support Senior Staff and members in developing relationships with civil servants, think tanks, industry leaders, academics and others with an influence over policy making affecting civil engineering and infrastructure
What are we looking for?
The successful applicant should be familiar with and comfortable working with senior figures in politics, the civil service and industry. Experience of carrying out quantitative and qualitative research and report drafting is essential. A good understanding of the public policy making processes is essential. Demonstrable experience of working on infrastructure policy and an understanding of local authority decision-making processes is desirable as is experience in project management.
Closing Date: 12 December 2017
Interview dates to be confrimed.
For more informaiton and to apply for the position, please submit your CV to: