Date Added: 7 December 2017
: 7 January 2018
Job Title: Policy and Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Teach First
Salary: £37,544 + excellent benefits (roles based in London receive £3,000 London Weighting Allowance)
With the election of a new Government, this is an exciting opportunity for a well-connected, knowledgeable individual with first rate policy, communication and influencing experience. It offers the chance to play a leading role in shaping the education debate and securing Teach First as a key voice, partner and influencer.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead on the development and implementation of a focused and effective influencing strategy for Teach First, working closely with the Associate Director of Press, Public Affairs and Policy and Senior Press Adviser to achieve this;
- Ensure the plan supports External Relations’ goals to increase awareness of educational disadvantage, and support the charity’s 2015-19 strategic plans;
- Effectively line manage and support the Policy Officer;
- Identify and build positive relationships with key political and policy stakeholders who Teach First needs to work with or influence to achieve the vision;
- Play a leading role in securing continued government funding for Teach First work – advising senior colleagues on the strategy and approach, developing key relationships and implementing the plan;
- Working with relevant colleagues, oversee the development of responses to key government, policy maker and policy influencer consultations as well as reactive statements in response to breaking news;
- Work with the Policy Officer to oversee the production of external policy reports and publications on key areas of importance to the Teach First vision. Oversee the policy development process, including consultation with our community of teachers and ambassadors and external partners.
- Significant and proven experience in public affairs and policy is essential – ideally with strong connections within the sector;
- Ability to work with very senior stakeholders internally to maintain effective working relationships across departments;
- Good political acumen - knowledge of political priorities and an ability to identify influencing opportunities.
Closing Date: 7 January 2018
Please note that first round interviews will take place week commencing 15th January 2018 and second round interviews will take place week commencing 22th January 2018.
To apply for a vacancy at Teach First you are required to complete an online application form via the above link. Please have your CV and covering letter ready to upload. If you are an internal candidate please apply via your HR Self Service menu after informing your line manager of your interest.
12 December 2017: this ad has been removed before the closing date as the post is no longer being recruited externally.