Date Added: 7 December 2017
: 19 January 2018
Job Title: Graduate Research Executive
Working For: BMG Research
Salary: £18,000-£23,000 DOE + Benefits + Company Bonus Scheme
We are growing.
Two roles are available at BMG; one in our Polling and Omnibus team, the other in our Social Research team.
The positions are best suited to either graduates or Research Executives with less than 2 years experience. We require candidates who can demonstrate strong organisation skills, a willingness to learn, those who are self-assured but not arrogant, and those who like to take on challenging tasks, whatever they may be.
To be successful, candidates will have a strong desire to learn, hold a minimum of a 2:1 degree qualification or equivalent, are numerate with a good understanding of collating and analysing data. Candidates will already have a detailed understanding of primary research methods and are looking to pursue a career in a fast-paced, fun and exciting research setting.
Relevant training and skills development opportunities will be provided to the successful candidates, who will also join the BMG Graduate Training Program.
- Carrying out background research to support proposal and report writing
- Preparing project materials including job spec forms, coding and data analysis specs
- Creating beautiful and well-structured surveys
- Designing questions and topics for research
- Basic coding of results and data checking
- Providing support on the analysis and presentation of polling data
- Writing articles for the BMG Research website
- Using social media to publish the latest results and BMG news
- Assisting with qualitative research, including recruitment and preparation of materials
- Reporting results in a clear, concise and usable way
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and spoken English accompanied by good numerical skills
- An interest in, and knowledge of society, current affairs and politics
- An understanding of quantitative data and statistics
- An ability to write around data/results (to tell an accurate, but interesting story)
- A full working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An ability to meet strict deadlines
- A keen eye for detail – spotting and correcting errors
- A willingness to take on challenging and varied tasks
- A professional, can-do attitude
Experience of the following is desirable but not essential:
- SPSS or R
- Primary research and/or fieldwork
- Using social media platforms in a business context
- Data charting tools
Closing Date: 19 January 2018
Initial Selection Notification Date: Wednesday 24th January 2018
Interview Dates: Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st January 2017
If you believe you are the right candidate, please send a covering letter detailing why we should choose you, and an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Both covering letters and CVs should be in PDF format only. All applicants will receive a reply, though not all will receive written feedback.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK and be prepared to undergo a basic DBS check.
More details here: www.bmgresearch.co.uk/who-we-are/careers/vacancy/graduate-research-executives/