Date Added: 8 March 2018
: 16 April 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: All Party Parliamentary Group on Fair Business Banking
Salary: according to IPSA pay scales/related to experience
The APPG on Fair Business Banking is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant to help with the day-to-day running of the Group. The primary role is to provide support for the Director of Policy and Chair of the APPG.
The APPG on Fair Business Banking is one of the most effective cross-party organisations in Parliament, with over 120 MPs and Peers supporting the group. The APPG focuses on key, transformative and deliverable objectives. It is the leading parliamentary body dealing with business banking issues faced by constituents as well as access to business finance.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc.
- Diary Management
- Give advice on policy issues
- Monitor media coverage
- Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions etc.
- Progress casework as required
- Project management
- Project work
- Provide generalist admin support
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
- Supervise staff members where appropriate
- Undertake research, usually from readily available sources, on straightforward subjects
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a busy environment
- Ability to identify priorities and work independently
- Degree in government/public policy/law/financial services and regulation desirable
- Demonstrable knowledge of the financial services industry would be an advantage
The position is based in Westminster; however, occasional travel may be required. Flexibility is required with regard to working hours.
The APPG is an equal opportunities employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to gender, ethnic background, age, religion or sexual orientation.
Upon appointment, you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Closing Date: 16 April 2018
Interviews conducted week beginning 14th May. Start date approximately 2nd July.
Please email your CV (no more than two A4 pages) and cover letter (no more than one A4 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should include your name and the job title.
Your cover letter should outline your suitability for the role. This includes how your experience relates to the role and why you are interested in working for the APPG on Fair Business Banking.
Please note: due to limited resources, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants that have progressed to the interview stage.