Date Added: 21 March 2018
: 16 April 2018
Job Title: Development Manager
Working For: Centre for London
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (potential for higher salary for exceptional candidate)
Centre for London, the capital’s dedicated think tank, is looking for a new Development Manager to help take the charity’s fundraising to the next level.
The purpose of the role is to: drive and direct all development and fundraising activities across the organisation; develop the organisation’s overarching fundraising strategy, working closely with senior management and implementing its day-to-day delivery; plan the strategy for achieving the organisation’s annual income target of over £1million and manage its achievement in accordance with the organisation’s aims and objectives. Please see our website vacancies page for more info: www.centreforlondon.org/vacancy/development-manager/
- Significant senior level experience of fundraising and development in either or both of the following areas:
- Corporate fundraising, with a track record of building relationships with corporate prospects and securing funding to secure sponsorship of £25k to £200k.
- High Net Worth/Major donor fundraising, ideally with a track record of building relationships and securing major gifts of £50k to £200k.
- Alternatively, significant senior level experience in a related field.
- Experience in fundraising from Trusts and Foundations is an advantage.
- Experience of strategic planning.
- Experience of managing relationships with funders or senior level stakeholders.
- Experience of managing income targets of circa £1million and departmental budgets, or similar
- Dynamic, self-motivated and focused leader with a proactive approach.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, outstanding communications skills (written and oral) and ability to negotiate.
- Able to identify problems and opportunities, shaping successful solutions with colleagues and stakeholders on board.
- Highly organised with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to ensure compliance with the Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice; maintain confidentiality and work with financial data and personal data within ICO and GDPR regulations framework.
- Appreciation for Centre for London’s mission and values
- Awareness of the role think tanks play in the development of public policy.
- An appreciation of London and the particular challenges it faces.
Closing Date: 16 April 2018
Closing time: 09:00
We may close applications earlier than the deadline.
To apply for this role please send a CV and cover letter showing how your experience and achievements to date would make you a suitable candidate for this role (no more than three pages total). Your application should be saved as a single PDF with your name as the title.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Development Manager’. Please include where you saw this advert. We do not want any contact from recruitment agencies regarding this vacancy.