Date Added: 21 March 2018
: 23 April 2018
Job Title: Political Analyst
Working For: DeHavilland
We are looking for a Political Analyst to join our Content Team at our London office. This is an exciting role offering a unique opportunity to combine a passion for politics, editorial and public affairs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Producing concise and well-written analysis of debates and legislation in the UK and EU Parliament, and devolved institutions, delivering actionable insight
- Providing live coverage of statements and questions sessions in the House of Commons and in the European Parliament
- Reporting on political events, such as parliamentary Select Committees, annual UK Party Conferences and the EU Commission Work Programme
- Contributing to political research projects and briefings
- Providing support in the maintenance of our political and contact management databases
- General tasks as directed by Head of Content
- A degree/postgraduate degree, preferably in politics or a related discipline
- Knowledge of British and EU politics
- Understanding/experience of UK and EU Parliament (desirable)
- First-class writing skills and an eye for detail
- The ability to quickly understand complex information
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Desirable skills
- Editorial/journalism experience
- Knowledge of Adobe / InDesign and web design/editing
- Data visualisations through tools such as Analytics and Tableau to provide insight
- The desire to learn and problem solve, including working with in-house software
DeHavilland is the definitive provider of political insight and intelligence in the UK and EU. We help public affairs professionals monitor and evaluate the latest policy and legislation developments via an intelligent online portal and with a team of dedicated political researchers. Our service is tailored to our customers’ requirements, enabling them to identify potential opportunities and threats and deliver their strategic objectives more effectively.
Closing Date: 23 April 2018
We are ideally looking for somebody to start immediately, but those with a notice period should not be put off.
The interview process will consist of 2 stages, which will include a written task.
Please send a CV and cover letter with "Political Analyst Position" in the subject line to Rachel Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.