Date Added: 22 March 2018
: 30 April 2018
Job Title: Research and Data Analyst
Working For: The ScaleUp Institute
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
The ScaleUp Institute is seeking a highly experienced research and data analyst to join our growing team. This, private sector, not-for-profit institution is focused on collaborating with the UK Government, policy makers, corporate partners and educational establishments to make a real and identifiable impact in helping our UK high growth businesses to grow further and 'scaleup'. The ScaleUp agenda is firmly part of the Government's recently announced Industrial Strategy White Paper and Patient Capital Reviews.
Main function of job
- Researching and analysing a range of sensitive data and information from Partners and others in the business ecosystem to support the ScaleUp Institute's programme of work.
- Monitoring scaleup activity to provide market information and insight.
- Assessing, interpreting and analysing a range of statistical information, including numbers of scaleups and pipeline of scaling businesses, through detailed processes and procedures.
- Contributing to and being responsible for research and local area assessments/ monitoring.
- Managing case study assessments.
- Leading and contributing to the agreed research agenda.
- Supporting the annual scaleup survey and review process.
- A good honours degree. Relevant postgraduate degree would be an advantage.
Experience, knowledge and skills required
- At least 2-3 years' experience in research and analysis.
- Specific knowledge, understanding and interest in business growth, international policy, financial markets and scaleup ecosystem cross-sector interest beneficial.
- Excellent skills in data analytics.
- Good knowledge of a variety of survey, statistical and data analytical approaches.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly accurate.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Highly numerate.
- Good team-worker and communicator.
- Proactive self-organiser and uses own initiative.
- Diplomacy and political awareness.
- Ability to multi-task and strong organisational skills.
Closing Date: 30 April 2018
Interviews will be undertaken as applications are submitted, which may mean we appoint before the closing date - please apply as soon as possible if you are interested. The role is for immediate start.
Please send a C.V. and cover letter describing your suitability for the role to Alice.firstname.lastname@example.org