Date Added: 23 March 2018
: 27 April 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs Executive
Working For: NFRN
The Public Affairs Executive will be joining a growing team in pushing forward the NFRN's political agenda at Westminster, in Dublin and at the UK's devolved parliaments and assemblies.
The PAE will be working with the Head of Public Affairs and Communications and the Communications Manger to develop the NFRN's policies and communicate them to politicians, the press and NFRN members.
Scope of the Job
The role is varied, potentially covering any of the policy areas in which the NFRN are engaged and will also include being trained to assist in the sending of email cannons and the uploading of content to the NFRN website as work load or team holidays require.
It is expected that the successful candidate would have a university degree in a social science or humanities subject and would have some experience of work either in parliament or in house or agency public affairs.
• Assisting the Head of PAC and the Communications Manager in promoting all aspects of the NFRN's public affairs agenda
• Representing the NFRN at meetings with other stakeholders and organisations
• Provide assistance in monitoring and providing resources to members in the devolved assemblies and Parliaments to ensure their specific agendas are represented
• Political monitoring and drafting briefings and guides to developments
• Writing articles for The Fed, nfrnonline.com and district bulletins
• Assisting with the organising of parliamentary receptions and other events, including for our APPG
• Assisting in organising the NFRN programme of engagement at party conferences and other opportunities that arise
• Creating and maintaining databases, including of contacts
• Managing such campaigns or projects, or parts thereof, as are allocated by the head of department
• Being proactive in looking for opportunities to promote the NFRN’s agenda
• Supporting other members of the team as required, including training to cover particular responsibilities in their absence (eg holiday and sick cover)
Closing Date: 27 April 2018
We may appoint before the closing date.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to Adrian Roper, Head of Public Affairs and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org .