Date Added: 26 March 2018
: 16 April 2018
Job Title: Chief of Staff/Operations Officer
Working For: Demos
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000
Demos is a champion of people, ideas, and democracy. We bring people together. We bridge divides. We listen and we understand. We are practical about the problems we face, but endlessly optimistic and ambitious about our capacity, together, to overcome them.
We are now looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic person to take on the role of Chief of Staff/Operations Officer. This is an opportunity to take a pivotal role in the operations of a high profile charity working to have an impact and improve lives in the UK through public policy.
The successful candidate will be embedded in supporting the Director in all her work on a day to day basis and will need to be comfortable dealing with a wide network of senior journalists, policy makers and business leaders. You will also work with all members of the senior management and Trustees to ensure the smooth running of the finances, operations and governance of the charity.
- Keeping Demos a high-functioning, efficient and happy place to work
- Working with the Director to ensure delivery of strategic goals for the organisation by the staff team
- Working with payroll provider, bookkeeper and auditor to maintain financial forecasts, management accounts and other financial reports
- Working with the Director to ensure the charity recruits, trains and retains outstanding members of staff
- Supporting the oversight of the charity’s facilities requirements and office space
- Supporting relevant projects to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the charity’s operations
- Providing administrative support to teams within Demos, including event management
- Can-do attitude, determination to learn
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- High level of numeracy
- Confidence and discretion dealing with high profile networks
- Experience of financial processing, project management or HR
- Experience in a charity
- Experience of using Xero
- Experience working with Trustees or governing body
Closing Date: 16 April 2018
Interview dates: 23/24 April.
Start dates: asap
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A covering letter explaining why you are suited to the job and why you want to do it
- A cv
- The answer to these three questions (this is an aptitude test checking your ability to find and interpret information; this is all publicly available.)
- What is Demos' registered charity number?
- What profit did Demos make in the year 2012?
- When was Ian Corfield appointed as a Director/Trustee?