Date Added: 26 March 2018
: 21 April 2018
Job Title: Junior Executive
Working For: Lansons
Lansons is a well-established, successful and ambitious strategic consultancy, specialising in corporate, media and political communications. We help our clients achieve their objectives by communicating more effectively with customers, investors, employees, policy-makers, regulators and the wider public. We are looking for junior executives to become our consultants of the future. It’s a responsible, fast-paced support role and you would be working as an integral member of client teams, responsible for the administration and smooth running of our client programmes. Three to six months’ experience in a communications role would help equip you for the position and allow you to start with confidence. This could have been gained from work experience, placements or internship roles, and/or gained from working in a junior communications role.
The role is varied and some of the responsibilities include:
- Research for client projects and initiatives looking at the news and political agenda
- Monitoring and logging media coverage and social media channels
- Maintaining media target lists and evaluation documents for clients
- Issuing press releases on behalf of clients
- Assisting in planning for eventsLiaising with journalists about meetings with your clients
- Attending brainstorms to develop ideas
- Drafting briefing documents
- Attending weekly team meetings and being responsible for weekly actions document
- Diary management
- Media facing work including ‘selling in’ stories to the media on behalf of clients and securing meetings with journalists on behalf of your clients
- Sitting in on client conference calls and attending occasional meetings
We are looking for strength and excellence. Our ideal candidate will have:
- Good working knowledge and experience in using social media
- Strong communication skills
- Proactivity and the ability to anticipate needs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to multitask
- Enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
- A solutions-driven approach to work
- Collaborative team working skills, but with the ability to work alone to make things happen
- An enquiring mind, eager to learn and the ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Pace, speed and the ability to ‘cut through’ work
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
Closing Date: 21 April 2018
Interviews will commence ASAP as we are looking to appoint someone asap.
If you have an interest in the news, the media and business and thrive on making things happen we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com to set out why you think you would add value to Lansons and please let us know your salary expectations as well as any other helpful details like notice period.
Unfortunately due to the large number of applicants we will only contact candidates chosen for interview.