Date Added: 26 March 2018
: 10 May 2018
Job Title: Policy & Operations Assistant
Working For: The International Meat Trade Association
Salary: Circa £25,000
The International Meat Trade Association (IMTA) is based in Smithfield, London and represents
companies trading meat around the world. Our members require tailored information and rely on us
to develop policy positions which are presented to government authorities in the UK and Brussels.
The role would involve working closely in a very interdependent team of a CEO, Policy Director,
Policy Manager, and Office Administrator supported by the Chairman and the Board. IMTA works
closely with the European meat association UECBV and maintains regular direct contact with the
European Commission in Brussels, embassies and international organisations.
The post will provide the opportunity for the candidate to develop their skills within a specific
dynamic sector of the food industry. Working in a small team you will have the opportunity to
propose ideas and projects and see them through to fruition making it a very rewarding role.
The post requires the ability to work on one’s own but at the same time interact effectively with
members. There will be opportunities for training and the candidate will have scope to develop the
role and take on additional responsibility.
- Daily news on website
- Assisting with IMTA policy work including with regard to Brexit
- Monitoring and identifying relevant policy, legislative and political changes. Producing
- summaries and updates (both internal and for members).
- Statistics – trade flows, market indicators
- Dealing with membership applications and process
- Updating and helping to develop the website and writing content for the website
- Eventmanagement including meetings, training events, conferences, port visits.
- Meeting reports – board meetings, attending relevant conferences in the UK and Brussels.
- Research based tasks
- Other duties as required
- Role may involve some travel
Closing Date: 10 May 2018
Start date asap
Please follow this link for more information and to apply: https://www.imta-uk.org/images/stories/pdf_docs/vacancies/Policy_and_Operations_Assistant.pdf