Date Added: 27 March 2018
: 16 April 2018
Job Title: Senior Researcher (Social Justice)
Working For: The SNP Westminster Group
Salary: £35,454 pa
Based in Westminster the Senior Researcher will be operating in a fast-paced environment at the heart of SNP Westminster Group. The successful candidate will play an important role in maintaining the smooth running of the work of the third largest party in the House of Commons.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational, administrative and communications skills. The organisational capacity to process large volumes of information and requests quickly and accurately is essential.
Political awareness and judgement and knowledge of the SNP’s aims and objectives would be strongly advantageous.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing research proposals and commissioning research projects.
- Coordinating and managing commissioned projects.
- Creating data sets and compiling statistical analysis
- Undertaking high level research and working with stakeholders across the charity sector.
- Liaising on press stories and press enquiries.
- Writing briefings and questions for day-to-day Parliamentary business.
- Assisting Members in scrutinising legislation and drafting amendments.
- Any other tasks required for the daily operating of the research office.
- Masters level qualification and coursework in work, economy and welfare social policy would be highly desirable.
- Previous work experience in welfare public policy or citizens advice services is preferred.
- Ability to research various public policy practices.
- Self-starter with excellent personal time management skills.
For more information: http://www.snp.org/senior_researcher_social_justice_for_the_snp_westminster_group
Closing Date: 16 April 2018
Closing time: 12pm
Interview dates: Thursday 26th and Friday 27th April 2018
Applicants should send a tailored CV with cover letter, explaining their suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applicants should put “Senior Researcher (Social Justice)” in the title of the email. Late applications will not be accepted.