Date Added: 27 March 2018
: 18 April 2018
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Jack Lopresti MP (Filton and Bradley Stoke)
Location: Filton & Bradley Stoke Constituency
Salary: In line with IPSA salary bands
We are looking to recruit a communications officer to join Jack’s constituency team, organising local events and dealing with constituents, resolving problems and a wide range of issues involving local and national government.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Assisting with the organisation of meetings and events within the constituency
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Preparing media briefings
- Pro-active and re-active communications with all media
- Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on FB and Twitter
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Strong written and oral communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
• Competent use of IT and the ability to adapt quickly to new software
• To be able to work with diplomacy and discretion and respect the need for strict confidentiality
• Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise competing demands
• Ability to work proactively and independently as part of a small team
• Confidence in dealing with members of the public from a wide variety of backgrounds in a compassionate and sensitive way
Candidates should be sympathetic to the Conservative Party aims and policies.
There will be a requirement to attend induction and occasional training and briefing days in various locations around the country for which travel expenses will be paid.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 April 2018
Interviews will be held in the constituency office on Thursday 26th April.
We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible but understand that notice may need to be given to an existing employer.
Please email a current CV together with a covering letter demonstrating how your skills and experience meet the job criteria and any notice period for your current employer to Jon Hosgood, Constituency Office Manager - email@example.com