Date Added: 28 March 2018
: 27 April 2018
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Stephen Barclay MP (North East Cambridgeshire)
Location: North East Cambridgeshire
Salary: In accordance with IPSA pay bands
Stephen Barclay is looking to appoint a Researcher to join his constituency team. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a research role and should be highly motivated, reliable and organised.
- Undertake research on a variety of topics and brief the Member both in writing and verbally
- Liaise with government departments and agencies on policy issues and personally draft and manage all related correspondence
- Give advice on policy issues
- Develop and maintain knowledge of bills, legislation, Hansard, debates etc
- Provide assistance to the Office Manager
- Assist with managing the Member's website and other social media platforms
- Drafting of press releases, blogs etc
- Provide information, advice and support for constituents on a range of issues
- Provide general admin support
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
The successful candidate will have the following key attributes:
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent research and IT skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload using initiative and time-management skills.
- Highly organised and reliable with the ability to work independently.
- Possess a strong interest and understanding of the local and national issues that affect the constituency.
- Able to build strong collaborative relationships with key people and community groups in the constituency, attend meetings and briefings on behalf of the Member.
The role may also require flexibility on hours, evenings and weekend work.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 April 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed. Successful candidates will be invited for interview. An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Start date: To be confirmed.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV with a one page covering letter, outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role, to Jayne Allan, Office Manager to Stephen Barclay at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put Researcher Application in the subject title.