Date Added: 28 March 2018
: 22 April 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant (Researcher)
Working For: Sarah Champion MP (Rotherham)
Salary: £23,750 - £34,442 (IPSA Pay Scale)
Are you passionate about human rights, women’s rights, social justice and/or child protection? Are you self-motivated, well organised, with very strong communication and administrative skills and an eye for detail? Experience of working in Parliament or a political environment is desirable.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Supporting Sarah in her Parliamentary business including monitoring Bills, PQs, debates etc. and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation
- Research and analysis to prepare for speeches, briefing notes and articles
- Managing media enquiries, monitoring media coverage and briefing Sarah on relevant issues
- Writing and producing constituency communications, e.g. Newsletters
- Publicising Sarah’s communications on social media and managing Sarah’s websites
- Undertaking administrative tasks in the Westminster office and liaising with the constituency office
- Providing organisational support for events, both in Westminster and the constituency
- Responding effectively and courteously to routine correspondence and enquiries, both over the telephone and by email
- Other duties which may be assigned on an ad-hoc basis
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound research and analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise a demanding workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to show initiative in working independently, but be a vital member of a close-knit team
- Good level of proficiency in IT, particularly MS Office
Location: Principally based in London but with regular visits to the constituency and additional meetings across the UK
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 April 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Monday 30 April 2018.
Interviews will take place in London on Wednesday 9 May 2018.
For further details on how to apply, please go to https://www.sarahchampionmp.com/news/2018/3/28/sarah-is-looking-to-recruit-a-parliamentary-assistant-researcher-to-join-her-london-office
Please DO NOT send in your CV or any additional supporting documents as this will not be included in the selection process. Thank you.