Date Added: 29 March 2018
: 20 April 2018
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Working For: WestCo Trading
We’re recruiting for a new Communications Assistant to join our small, hard-working, friendly team based in the Communications team of Richmond Council.
Purpose of job:
- Under the direction of the Head of Communications and Communications Manager, assist with the development, project management and implementation of marketing campaigns which support Richmond Council’s priorities set out in the annual work plan.
- Under the supervision of the Communications Manager produce core council material.
- Promote a positive image of the Council and explain its policies to residents, businesses, visitors and other target groups.
- Assist the Communications Manager in managing the Richmond brand including the provision of communications advice and public affairs work
Key duties and responsibilities of the role:
• To be responsible for elements of communications campaigns as agreed with the Head of Communications and Communications Manager.
• To assist in the organisation of events such as conferences, fairs, community events and photo calls.
• To prepare copy for a range of Council publications.
• Draft community news, press releases and press notices as requested.
• Updating the community news pages on the Council website.
• Complete the weekly media monitor.
• Manage and maintain the Communications Stakeholder database.
• By providing administrative support to the Communications Office Management scheduling meetings and providing secretarial support where required.
• Daily management of social media accounts (e.g. @LBRUT on Twitter)
Closing Date: 20 April 2018
Interview date during April and start date TBC in May.
Send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org