Date Added: 29 March 2018
: 20 April 2018
Job Title: Business Analyst
Working For: Spend Network
Spend Network is a small startup that specialises in using open data on government spending and contracting to improve the way Government spends money, to combat corruption and to improve the effectiveness of public tendering.
We’re committed to open data and regularly work with NGOs like the Open Contracting Partnership and Transparency International to highlight how public procurement could be improved.
The role suits someone with a genuine interest in data and data analysis. We like to take a scientific approach to our work, setting up a hypothesis and testing it. You would be expected to complete tasks in this way, showing strong analytical capabilities.
We’re looking for someone to work with our existing data and to bring new sources of data together to understand how we can create warm leads for our work.
- Combining and analysing data from multiple sources to determine the effectiveness and impact of our sales and marketing efforts
- Identifying and following up on new business leads
- Contacting business leads to introduce our products
- Keen interest in using data analysis to drive business development
- An understanding of how to establish a theory of what might be effective and to then test its effectiveness
- Proven ability to analyse data using Excel
- Excellent verbal communication with the ability to explain our products to potential customers
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience in using social media to promote activities, events, organisations or products
- Enthusiasm to work in a startup company
- Great way to start a career in business analysis
- Work with an ambitious and knowledgeable team, who are passionate about having an impact on the world.
- A role with immediate responsibility, working directly with the founder to help grow the business.
- Ability to work remotely, although it will be necessary to spend some time in London at the outset of the contract
- Competitive salary
- Initial four month fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
It’s a great opportunity to shape the development of a young and innovative business, providing valuable experience in business to business marketing.
Closing Date: 20 April 2018
Interviews will take place in April and the successful candidate will begin work with us in May.
We may appoint before the closing date.
Please send a CV of no more than two pages of A4 and a written statement of no more than one page of A4 to email@example.com.