Date Added: 3 April 2018
: 27 April 2018
Job Title: International Market Reporter
Working For: Demeter Reports Ltd.
Location: Farnham, Surrey
Salary: £5.90 - £7.83 per hour (dependent on age - National Minimum Wage)
An opportunity has opened for an individual with a keen interest in world affairs to help produce the leading publication for the international rice market.
Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills (including first-rate grammar, vocabulary and spelling) and computer literacy. They need confidence working with statistics, have a good telephone manner and be skilled at researching and interpreting information while retaining attention to detail. The ability to build positive working relationships with people throughout the world and a sound knowledge of world politics, macroeconomics and geography is essential.
The successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of international commerce and price discovery as well as skills such as market reporting, journalistic writing and publishing. It is an excellent opportunity for a creative graduate interested in starting a career in journalism/market report writing or international trade analysis.
Availability / Duration:
Immediate start. This is a full time role. The permanent placement is subject to the successful completion of a 3 month temporary placement, paying the appropriate national minimum wage, should both parties be happy.
Tasks and opportunities will include:
- Writing news articles / releases.
- Developing online content for web pages and offline content for reports.
- Obtaining market information directly by contacting participants and extracting key facts and information for reporting purposes.
- Research, collection and entering of data, updating and maintaining of website.
- Opportunities for future international travel.
- Office hours (for temp placement): 9.00am - 5.30pm, Mon – Fri.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and grasp of the English language (a foreign language would also be useful)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; proficient typing skills.
- Keen interest in current events and international affairs
This position calls for a well-organized person who enjoys multi-tasking and working in a small team but is also capable of working independently. Ideally the candidate will be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment and hitting daily deadlines.
Closing Date: 27 April 2018
We will interview selected candidates as soon as they become available, with a view to conclude the interview process before the end of April. It is possible that we will appoint before the closing date, if we find the right applicant.
Please send your updated CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We endeavour to acknowledge all applicants.