Date Added: 3 April 2018
: 20 April 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Anne Marie Morris MP (Newton Abbot)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Anne Marie Morris is looking to recruit a proactive and hardworking Parliamentary Assistant to work in her Westminster Office.
The successful applicant will have good knowledge of contemporary politics and an understanding of how Parliament works. The position requires the successful candidate to have strong writing and research skills and the willingness to master a range of subjects to support Anne Marie in her parliamentary duties.
Previous parliamentary experience is not essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching issues and preparing written briefings for meetings, events, and debates.
- Managing the Member's website and other social media platforms.
- Drafting of press releases, blogs, articles etc.
- Monitoring proceedings in Parliament.
- Liaising with constituents and external organisations.
- Assisting with various administrative tasks and diary management.
- Taking responsibility for a number of issues and campaigns.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent research and IT skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Highly organised and reliable with the ability to work independently.
- Possess a strong interest and understanding of the local and national issues that affect the constituency.
- Able to build strong collaborative relationships with key people and community groups in the constituency, attend meetings and briefings on behalf of the Member.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 April 2018
Interviews to be held in London during the week starting 7th May.
We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible but understand that notice may need to be given to an existing employer or you may need to finish your final exams.
To apply, please email your CV (no longer than two pages) and a covering letter (no longer than one page) to email@example.com.
Unfortunately, due to large quantities of applications, we will be unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates.