Date Added: 5 April 2018
: 25 April 2018
Job Title: Account Manager
Working For: GK Strategy
GK Strategy is a strategic communications consultancy providing a high level of public affairs and media advice to clients across a range of industries. We are looking for an ambitious consultant to support our growing client base, including new client wins. We want you to be able to hit the ground running, work across a range of complex issues, develop strong client relationships and thrive at being thrown in at the deep end. The role will involve working across a range of clients to support their public affairs, policy and communications programmes. With over 50% of our clients in the health sector, we are ideally looking for a candidate who has a good understanding of health policy.
- Provide strategic communications consultancy services to a number of public affairs clients across sectors, but with a focus on the health sector
- Manage day-to-day activities on client accounts and build relationships with each client
- Deliver work to a high standard, demonstrating analysis, intelligence and strategic thinking
- Ensure that work is delegated and co-ordinated within account teams
- Contribute to development of new business opportunities
- Spot opportunities to upsell GK services to existing clients
- Establish and develop business and political contacts and industry knowledge
- Line-manage junior staff, contributing to staff development and growth
This role-holder will report to one of GK’s Account Directors.
GK Strategy is a strategic communications consultancy which was awarded Consultancy of the Year in the 2015 Public Affairs Awards. Started nearly 10 years ago, we have grown rapidly and now have over 35 retained clients and a team of 30 consultants.
- Education to degree level or above
- At least two years’ experience of public affairs consultancy or a comparable in-house role
- Understanding of UK Government and key parliamentary processes. Experience with devolved institutions is desirable
- Experience of delivering media campaigns is desirable
- Expertise in health policy
- Fantastic organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience of people management and team building
- Good knowledge of IT systems
Closing Date: 25 April 2018
Interviews will be arranged on application, early applications welcome.
Please note that we reserve the right to appoint an exceptional candidate before the closing date.
Please send a full CV and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include up to 300 words on how you have added value to a client/project.