Date Added: 5 April 2018
: 30 April 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs Officer
Working For: Guide Dogs
Salary: £26,802 - £28,381 pa + £4,105 pa London Weighting
Location: London Mobility Team (near Kings Cross)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Key requirements: Eligibility to work in UK
No one should be left out of life because of sight loss. Imagine a world where being blind or partially sighted is not what defines you. Imagine a world with enough support to make the challenges of sight loss no barrier to fulfilling hopes and dreams. Guide Dogs is working towards that world.
We campaign to break down barriers and end discrimination against people with sight loss. Our consistent campaigning has led to a shift in Government thinking and policy on a number of key issues, and we are consistently rated as a top influencing charity by MPs.
We are an ambitious and dynamic team seeking an experienced Public Affairs Officer to join us in communicating Guide Dogs’ campaigns to Westminster politicians to bring about legislative change.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference and be part of a high-profile, innovative and successful campaigns team.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Ability to communicate effectively with politicians, organise events in parliament and at party conferences, and to manage your time and work load
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and ability to act upon own initiative
- Experience of campaigning and political lobbying
- Knowledge of political systems within UK and EU Parliament
- Increase awareness and support of our campaigns among policy makers through providing timely, accurate and persuasive briefings, and meeting with decision makers
- Carrying out research and analysis
- Organisation of political events and party conferences
- Briefing internal stakeholders – liaising with campaigners, local teams, and ensuring key internal members of staff are updated with information.
- Supporting the Senior Campaigns Manager and Public Affairs Manager where required.
For further information please see the job description available to download from this page: https://jobs.guidedogs.org.uk/wrl/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=01000270
Closing Date: 30 April 2018
Interviews to take place w/c 7 May
Please note, we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early if we receive a large number of applications.
Please send a CV and personal statement explaining why you would be suitable for the role and how you meet the person specification to Public Affairs Manager Chris Theobald, firstname.lastname@example.org