Date Added: 6 April 2018
: 20 April 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Alok Sharma MP (Reading West)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales and dependant on relevant experience
The office of Alok Sharma MP is seeking a Caseworker to assist with replying to and dealing with constituents' queries.
Previous experience of working with caseworker software in Parliament would be preferable, although not essential. A forensic focus on getting detail right in written correspondence is essential.
A strongly IT literate individual, who also proactively enjoys understanding the detail of policy, will flourish in this role.
The role will be based primarily in Westminster, although the Caseworker should expect to work one day per week in the Reading constituency office.
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
• Drafting written responses to constituents
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Logging cases, monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken
• Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 April 2018
Interviews will take place as suitable applications are received and we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date for applications.
The aim is for the Caseworker to start work as soon as possible.
Please email a one page CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role. Send to email@example.com.
For any further details about the role, please contact Jessica Inns on 020 7219 2229.