Date Added: 9 April 2018
: 22 April 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Kate Green MP, Stretford ans Urmston
Salary: £25,000 pro rata (up to 3 days a week), in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Kate Green MP is recruiting a part-time parliamentary assistant (up to 3 days a week, specific hours by agreement) for her Westminster office, to support her in her parliamentary work. Applicants should have a grasp of the main policy issues in relation to Kate’s principal areas of interest: women in the justice system, Brexit and migration, family incomes and child poverty.
Applicants should display an understanding of the parliamentary process and how it can be used to campaign and have influence on policy issues. Experience of briefing and working with broadcast, print and online media would be an advantage. Candidates must be in sympathy with the values of the Labour party.
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues;
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation and Hansard;
• Ensure the Member is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the House;
• Monitor media coverage and brief the Member on relevant issues;
• Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases and parliamentary questions;
• Provide generalist admin support;
• Respond to routine correspondence and queries;
• Undertake research, usually from readily available sources, on straightforward subjects.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 April 2018
Start date to be confirmed.
Please email your CV and a covering letter demonstrating your interest in and suitability for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’re also invited to complete an equalities monitoring form. This will be kept anonymous, and will be detached from your application on receipt. The form will play no part in the selection process, but will help us monitor how effective we are at reaching out to a wide range of candidates. Please click on the following link to access the form: http://www.kategreen.org/come_and_work_with_kate_in_parliament.