Date Added: 9 April 2018
: 7 May 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Marsha de Cordova MP (Battersea)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Marsha de Cordova MP is seeking an experienced caseworker for her busy constituency office in Battersea.
The successful candidate will join Marsha’s team responding to constituents on a wide range of issues including Housing, Immigration and access to social security. You will provide information, advice and support on aspects of policy which may relate to their concern, as well as liaise with the relevant public bodies and other organisations to help resolve constituents’ concerns. You will need to develop a good knowledge of the constituency.
The position is suitable for someone who is enthusiastic, confident, enjoys problem solving, has excellent interpersonal skills and is highly organised. The role will require some flexible working.
• Respond to and progress casework as required
• Deal with correspondence and enquiries from constituents
• Draft responses to constituents, government departments, public bodies and other organisations as appropriate
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Provide generalist admin support
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
• Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
Skills and Experience
• Previous experience as a caseworker or other advisory role.
• Must be able to work under own initiative and be a self starter
• Excellent attention to detail and high standard of writing skills
• Excellent people skills, with the ability to deal with constituents in a compassionate and sensitive way.
• Highly organised in order to prioritise and manage competing demands
• Excellent written and oral skills and attention to detail
• Be flexible and willing to work some evenings and/or weekends
• Proficient IT skills and the ability to adapt quickly to new software and a competent user of Microsoft office.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 May 2018
Interviews: week commencing 14th May 2018
Start date: ASAP
Applicants should send their CV with covering letter setting out how they meet the requirements of the role (500 words max) to Tracey Smith-Robinson email@example.com
For more details, please contact Marsha de Cordova MP or Tracey Smith-Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org