Date Added: 10 April 2018
: 27 April 2018
Job Title: Constituency Office Intern
Working For: Steve Reed MP (Croydon North)
Salary: £10.20 per hour - London Living Wage [Monday-Thursday]
Steve Reed is looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working person to join his busy constituency office in Thornton Heath for a three-month internship. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain experience and develop skills across a range of responsibilities within a Labour MP's constituency office.
- ability to deal with the public in an understanding and compassionate manner
- excellent communication skills
- ability to work quickly and accurately
- a commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- knowledge of Croydon North constituency desirable
- responding to constituents' enquiries and cases
- liaising with local and central government and outside agencies on behalf of constituents
- drafting responses to campaign and policy letters
- data entry.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 April 2018
Interviews will take place on Tuesday, 1 May, at the constituency office. Applicants who have been invited to interview will be notified shortly after the closing date.
Please send a one-page covering letter setting out why you would like this internship, together with a CV of no more than one side of A4, to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that applications exceeding these lengths will not be considered.