Date Added: 10 April 2018
: 17 April 2018
Job Title: Internship - Recategorisation
Working For: Global Network for Disaster Reduction
Salary: £5.90 - £7.83 p/h (National Minimum Wage dependent on age)
This is a key role in helping to define GNDR’s membership.
GNDR is undertaking an exercise in recategorising members, so that ‘full members’ are organisations rather than individuals. Members will be asked to submit evidence that their organisation is legally registered in their region and that the Head of the organisation approves the decision to become a GNDR member. The Intern will review and approve/reject these documents as necessary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The remit of this post will cover the following core responsibilities:
1. Communications with members
2. Responding to member enquiries
3. Assessment of applications against agreed criteria
4. Perform donor-mandatory database checks of eligibility
5. Coordinating the identification of external people
to help with checks of documents/evidence in foreign languages
6. Proposing alternative evidence when necessary
• Sound judgement and decision-making skills
• Good communication skills, including written and spoken English
• Flexibility and problem solving ability
• Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
• Good ICT and computer skills
• Willingness to learn and open to new ways of working
• Knowledge of other languages, preferably French or Spanish (Desirable)
• Comfortable in cross cultural communication with people from different backgrounds
• Committed to GNDR’s values
• Ability to work in a small team in an office environment
• A calm, confident and welcoming manner
• Good organisational and effective time management skills
• Able to take initiative, work under minimal supervision and be flexible / adaptable
• Appreciation of GNDR’s values and principles (Desirable)
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS: 8 week contract
BASED IN: Teddington Office
Closing Date: 17 April 2018
Interviews will take place 18 - 20 April.
The ideal candidate must be available to start immediately.
To apply, or for any additional details, please email email@example.com
We will attempt to contact all applicants - however, if you have not heard back from us within a month, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful this time around.