Date Added: 10 April 2018
: 23 April 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Researcher
Working For: Christine Jardine MP (Edinburgh West)
Salary: £23,750 - £34,442
Christine Jardine MP is seeking to recruit a Parliamentary Researcher to join her team based in Westminster starting June 2018. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to develop his or her political experience whilst making a significant contribution to the team's operation.
Key responsibilities -
• Undertake research, usually from readily available sources, on straightforward subjects;
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Christine is accurately informed on key issues;
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc.
• Ensure Christine is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the House;
• Give advice on policy issues;
• Monitor media coverage and brief Christine on relevant issues;
• Project Work;
• Progress casework as required.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Strong political awareness and understanding of the British political system;
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills;
• An ability to undertake detailed research;
• A self-starter who is also a team-player;
• Enthusiasm for local as well as national politics;
• A strong academic record with an attention to detail;
• Experience of working with members of the public;
• Must be willing and able to travel regularly to the constituency during Parliamentary recess;
• Must be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 April 2018
Candidates whose CVs are of interest will be invited to interview. Interviews will be held at the constituency office in Corstorphine, Edinburgh on Monday 30 April 2018 and in London on Tuesday 1 May with a view to starting ASAP.
Please email your CV and a succinct covering letter to Steve Kerr, Senior Parliamentary Assistant/Office Manager, at email@example.com