Date Added: 10 April 2018
: 29 April 2018
Job Title: Campaigner (Community Mobilisation)
Working For: Save the Children
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Campaigner (Community Mobilisation) to play a central role in the delivery of Save the Children’s campaigns in our Policy and Advocacy Division.
As Campaigner (Community Mobilisation) you will develop and deliver effective plans to recruit, retain and deepen the engagement of our supporters who campaign in the community. You’ll focus on engaging and supporting our growing network of Campaign Champions, our local constituency-level campaigning volunteers, and creating innovative campaigning activities and inspiring supporter journeys. In addition you will:
• Work closely with the Campaigner (Digital Mobilisation) and issue-specific Campaigners, to devise and integrate a range of on and offline actions, and the Campaigner (Mobilisation) to involve young people, in our campaigns
• Design and implement a training and development programme that enables our Campaign Champions to do more and have more impact
• Produce campaign communications (emails, campaign packs, materials etc) for a variety of audiences, to a high standard and in line with Save the Children policy and brand
• Trail new approaches and use technology to build community among our campaigners
To be successful you will have experience as a campaigner or community organiser, and a track record of empowering others to take action offline/ in communities. We’re looking for someone with excellent people skills who can build a dynamic community of campaigners here in the UK who drive forward our Humanitarian, International, and UK campaigns.
In addition you will have:
• Excellent people-skills, and aptitude for motivating and inspiring volunteers and supporters from a range of backgrounds.
• An understanding of volunteers, and ideally experience devising programmes to recruit, train and retain them.
• An understanding of effective campaigner/ supporter journeys, and ideally experience integrating on and offline actions.
• Demonstrable good understanding of the external environment and ability to assess trends and developments likely to affect campaigning and mobilisation. An interest in how change happens.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines when working under pressure.
• Ability to operate within a predominantly self-servicing administrative environment.
Closing Date: 29 April 2018
Interview date: 9th May 2018
To apply please visit our website via the link below: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/vacancy/campaigner-community-mobilisation-3920/3946/description/