Date Added: 11 April 2018
: 8 May 2018
Job Title: Interim Administrator and Junior Researcher
Working For: Central Lobby Consultants (CLC)
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
CLC seeks a well-organised, polished, and proactive Administrator and Junior Researcher to provide support to a small busy office working with a range of UK and European clients. The role would suit a bright young graduate with relevant work experience looking to build a career in public affairs.
Administrator (approx. 60% of role)
- Organising and servicing meetings and conferences
- Co-ordinating diaries, meetings, travel, accommodation etc
- General office administrative support including filing and dealing with office suppliers
- Administrative support for clients including membership subscriptions, circulation of newsletters and other documentation and maintaining databases, group e-mail lists and websites
- Answering all telephone calls, fielding them appropriately and taking accurate messages
- Meeting and greeting visitors including escorting them to our offices
- Simple bookkeeping (Sage 50 entries and spreadsheet updating)
Junior Researcher (approx. 40% of role)
- Monitoring and reporting policy and legislative developments from a range of sources
- Preparation of briefing notes, meeting agendas and minutes, newsletters and press releases
- Support for CLC's lobbying work, including preparation of consultation responses
- Helping to co-ordinate meetings and conferences including preparation of event programmes and arranging expert speakers
- Updating online content for client websites
- Liaison with clients and external stakeholders
- Experience as an administrator or researcher working in a busy office or relevant transferable skills
- Excellent spoken and written English, with the ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate written material, with strong proof-reading skills and excellent attention to detail
- A strong interest in UK and European current affairs
- A good degree in a relevant subject
- Bright, organised and flexible approach, with a cheerful, positive personality
- Good IT knowledge and experience using MS Office
- A self-starter who is happy to work in a quiet but demanding office
- The ability to work on one's own initiative while having an awareness of the limits of the role and client confidentiality
- A demonstrable understanding of UK and EU political processes
- Practical experience of using Sage, Wordpress and social media
- Experience of event management
The role is on a fixed-term basis (covering the maternity leave of the Office Administrator), with the possibility of extension and progression to a full time researcher role. The role is full-time.
Closing Date: 8 May 2018
Interviews will take place in May 2018 with the start date ideally early to mid-June 2018.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Chris Lane at the email below. Candidates are also asked to provide an answer to the following questions in their application:
- What is CLC's company registration number?
- What date is Brexit day?
- What is the name of the current First Lord of the Treasury?
CVs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information can be found at www.centrallobby.com/jobs.