Date Added: 11 April 2018
: 24 April 2018
Job Title: Senior Correspondence Manager
Working For: Department for Transport
Salary: £33,990 - £36,880
Are you a dynamic natural self-starter who processes a high level of drafting experience?
Do you want to help build ministerial, parliamentary and public confidence in the delivery of a world class railway for passengers?
If so we’d love to hear from you as we’re currently looking for a Senior Correspondence Manager to join our Rail Passenger Services division.
You'll be joining a high profile team to lead on the delivery of all formal Rail Franchising correspondence, including Parliamentary Questions, Ministerial and Official Correspondence and Freedom of Information requests.
Key activities in this post include:
- leading on drafting high quality ministerial and public correspondence by managing responses and contributions from teams, as a topic lead focusing on one main area
- building relationships with your lead officials, with a view to being embedded in their teams on an ad hoc basis
- leading on the department’s replies to Freedom of Information requests, from Members of Parliament, Peers, and the public
- coordinating replies to Parliamentary Questions across Passenger Services
- building and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues in your immediate team, Passenger Services and the wider Rail Group, ensuring information owned by the team for responses is accurate and appropriately fact checked at regular intervals
- working closely with ministerial offices to ensure lines are aligned with ministerial priorities
You build lasting relationships with senior leaders and partners, have knowledge and experience sourcing information from diverse, complex sources on high profile issues and quickly converting it into straightforward and easily understood correspondence. You're a confident communicator who can manage a high capacity of workloads and prioritise as necessary.
Rail Group is a single, integrated body established by the Department for Transport to take UK’s railway into the future. With billions of pounds of government funding behind us and strong leadership in place, we have an unprecedented opportunity to drive things forward. Passenger Services is responsible for covering the whole of the franchise life-cycle from procurement through to day-to-day management. We're committed to putting passengers at the heart of everything we do.
Closing Date: 24 April 2018
The sift is due to take place Monday 30th April.
Interviews/assessments are likely to be held W/C 14th May 2018.
Apply at: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1579575