Date Added: 11 April 2018
: 24 April 2018
Job Title: Project Assistant
Working For: Global Partners Digital
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Global Partners Digital (GPD) is a social purpose company dedicated to fostering a digital environment underpinned by human rights and democratic values.
We are currently seeking two organised and focused Project Assistants. One will join our cyber capacity building team, working on projects which aim to increase the number of cyber laws and policies that are rights-respecting and developed in an open, inclusive and transparent manner. The other will join our business and human rights (BHR) team, working on projects which aim to increase the capacity of civil society and the private sector to promote and protect human rights online.
Applicants should note in their application (details below) if they have a preference to work on Cyber or BHR. More information about these areas of work can be found on the GPD website.
The successful candidate will work with GPD’s Project Manager (Cyber) or Legal Officer (BHR) to ensure the smooth running of their assigned projects. Responsibilities include:
- Administrative support to the Project Manager (Cyber) or Legal Officer (BHR);
- Logistical support to team members and project partners;
- Assisting with preparation of project reports and proposals;
- Organising meetings and events in the UK and abroad;
- Maintaining project files and monitoring budgets;
- General office support.
Essential Skills and Experience
- At least one year’s practical experience working in a professional environment providing project support and assistance;
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field;
- Self-motivated and organised, able to work independently to meet deadlines;
- Strong coordination and communication skills, able to build positive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent written and numeracy skills, allowing you to review and analyse a wide range of sources of information and present it in a clear manner;
- An interest in internet-related and digital issues;
- A basic knowledge of human rights;
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- assisting with the implementation of government-funded projects;
- working with civil society, governments and the private sector, particularly from the global South;
- working on internet-related and digital issues.
Fluency in a language other than English.
Closing Date: 24 April 2018
Successful applicants will be invited for an interview at the GPD offices w/c 30th April 2018. The chosen candidate will start as soon as possible.
To apply, please send us:
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages with the contact details of 2 referees). Filename: “PA LASTNAME FIRSTNAME CV”.
- Cover letter (maximum 1 page) stating why you are well-suited for this position. Please note in your covering letter if you prefer to work on Cyber or BHR. Filename: “PA LASTNAME FIRSTNAME Cover Letter”.
Please send these documents to Kate Emmerson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject should be “PA LASTNAME FIRSTNAME”.