Date Added: 12 April 2018
: 23 April 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Ross Thomson MP (Aberdeen South)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Ross Thomson MP for Aberdeen South is seeking a part-time Parliamentary Assistant to work in his Westminster office in London.
• Support for the Member in the performance of his parliamentary duties
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Member is accurately briefed
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, hansard, debates etc
• Produce briefings
• Undertake research on complex subjects quickly and identify key issues
• Speech writing
• Diary management
• Respond to correspondence and enquiries
• Administrative support
A successful candidate will sympathise with the aims and values of the Conservative and Unionist Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 April 2018
Email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Parliamentary Assistant Application’