Date Added: 12 April 2018
: 3 May 2018
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Scottish Conservative Research Department
The Scottish Conservative Research Department provides research, briefing and analysis for the Conservative MSP group.
We are looking for intelligent and motivated people to join the team.
This is an exciting time for the Scottish Conservatives: the successful candidates will play a crucial role in supporting our MSPs, holding the SNP to account, and developing a positive alternative to form the next government of Scotland.
Duties will include:
- Producing policy and political briefing for MSPs and members of the Shadow Cabinet.
- Researching stories for print, broadcast and online media.
- Analysing political developments and producing relevant research in response.
- Providing background material for parliamentary debates.
- Assisting with drafting articles, speeches, parliamentary motions,questions and legislative amendments.
- Monitoring and analysing public policy developments.
Candidates are expected to have:
- Strong communication skills with a fluent, clear writing style.
- Education to degree level (or equivalent).
- Good political judgment and a strong instinct for political stories.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Video, audio and social content production skills are welcome, but not essential.
We value diversity, welcome applications from all backgrounds, and appoint on merit. The successful candidate will be required to undergo standard Scottish Parliament security checks.
Closing Date: 3 May 2018
We strongly encourage earlier applications as candidates will be sifted and interviewed as they come in.
Please send a CV and cover letter setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.