Field Organisers support local Green Parties to run their election campaigns, and are integral to achieving success. We have an exciting opportunity to join this team and be part of this success in the South East of England.
Principle Roles and Responsibilities
1. Develop strong relationships with key activists and election campaign leads in local parties, empowering them to achieve their goals
2. Provide advice and guidance in volunteer recruitment, team building, election campaign planning and execution in line with the national Target to Win strategy
3. Facilitate sharing of campaign best practice across local Green Parties
4. Manage a regular programme of training events, including developing a network of volunteer trainers
5. Send regular email communication to members and supporters in the region to high best practice and engage with the wider membership
6. Share local success stories with other Green Parties in the region, with the Field Organiser network and with the Association of Green Councillors where appropriate
7. Develop a list of priority local parties according to research done into the needs of Local Green Parties, their election potential and support requirements
8. Identify priority wards for potential election wins at next set of elections
9. Support priority parties through the election cycle through training, coaching and the provision of resources
10. Collaborate with other Field Organisers in contributing to the Field Organiser network
11. Work on occasional GPEW projects
12. Agree on an action plan with line manager and report on progress regularly
13. Work with your line manager to develop and implement a personal development plan on an annual basis
14. Attend and contribute to the annual Regional Development Conference to enable the evaluation of recent election performance across all regions and Wales
15. Attend and contribute to the bi-annual Green Party Conference by delivering training in elections and capacity building.
For more information and details on how to apply, please visit www.greenparty.org.uk/jobs
Application deadline: Midday.
Interviews to be held on Tuesday 15 May in London - it is hoped the successful candidate will be available to commence in time to attend a conference in the first week of June.