Date Added: 13 April 2018
: 27 April 2018
Job Title: Finance Officer
Working For: The Green Party of England & Wales
Salary: £22,950 - 25,845 FTE (points 6-12 on the GPEW pay scale)
The Green Party of England and Wales (GPEW) is currently looking to recruit a Finance
Officer to join a small Finance team reporting directly to the Finance and Compliance
Along with being responsible for the day to day processing of supplier invoices and
payments, bank reconciliations and the reconciliation and recording of membership and
other income, you must also possess experience in relevant accounting packages, be
adept with Excel, have a working knowledge and understanding of databases, have an
affinity with the Party and a desire to drive the organisation forward.
Candidates will ideally be AAT qualified or part qualified CIMA or ACCA, or show an in
depth knowledge and understanding of all finance duties and responsibilities with the
experience to match.
Principle Roles and Responsibilities
1. Payment of invoices and expenses
2. Ensure all income and expenditure items are stored in relevant electronic systems
3. Completion of bank, petty cash and income control account reconciliations
4. Ensure the proper and accurate processing and recording of all financial
transactions within the timescale agreed with your line manager.
Audits and reporting
1. Assist in the production of financial reports for your line manager
2. Complete and deliver reports for the Electoral Commission as a regulatory body
3. Ensure compliance in the production and submission of reports as required by
your line manager and the Electoral Commission under the Political Parties,
Elections and Referendums Act (PPERA).
4. Assist in the annual audit preparation
5. Support with the information required to produce monthly management accounts
Customer service and support
1. Assist the Finance manager to streamline accounting methods to minimise costs of
auditing and reporting.
2. Provide Regional and Local Party treasurers guidance and advice where needed
3. Shared responsibility for maintaining the physical security of the office and the
security of the IT systems including Data Protection
Closing Date: 27 April 2018
Closing time: 12:00pm midday
Interviews to be held the week commencing 30 April.
For more information and details on how to apply, please visit https://www.greenparty.org.uk/jobs/
Applications to be submitted to email@example.com