Date Added: 13 April 2018
: 2 May 2018
Job Title: External Affairs Manager
Working For: Asthma UK
Salary: £38,000 - £41,000 pa, depending on experience
Are you an experienced external affairs and policy professional looking for your next challenge?
Are you interested in influencing policy makers to ensure that the 5.4 million people in the UK with asthma have access to cutting edge technologies, best use of data, new treatments and supported self-management?
Are you passionate about driving investment in funding for asthma research and development?
Have you experience of developing and implementing plans for external affairs and campaign activities?
We’re looking for someone who:
• Has excellent knowledge of the UK’s policy making processes especially decision-making in healthcare and research investment.
• Has great attention to detail and ability to write clearly and concisely about complex issues,
• Can think and act strategically,
• Can build effective stakeholder relationships and use them to effect change.
• Can analyse the external environment and use the information to plan & adapt influencing activities.
• Can deliver campaigns and external affairs activities across platforms, including digital channels.
• Understands what makes key influencers – and the communications channels they use – tick!
If that sounds like you and you want to bring your insight, knowledge and passion into an environment where it will make a real difference.
What the role involves:
• Assisting the Head of Policy & External affairs to deliver Asthma UK’s policy, external affairs & campaigns strategies, plans & activities.
• Developing and maintain high-level relationships with key stakeholders and represent the charity in appropriate external fora.
• Maintaining a network of influencers and decision-makers to bring external insights and intelligence to Asthma UK’s decision making.
• Work with the Head of Policy & External Affairs to ensure our health policy work is effectively communicated to a range of external audiences, with a focus on key opinion leaders (clinical and non-clinical), health, health data and health technology decision-makers, civil servants and Ministers and special advisers where relevant.
• Articulate the case with decision-makers and opinion-formers for the need for investment in better technology solutions in the provision of primary care and making asthma the exemplar for supported self-management.
Closing Date: 2 May 2018
Closing time: 8am
First interview: 14 and 15 May 2018.
Second interview: to be confirmed.
For more information and to apply please visit the Asthma UK website or click on: https://www.networxrecruitment.com/Jobs/Advert/1233367