Date Added: 23 April 2018
: 31 May 2018
Job Title: Government & Policy Advisor
Working For: NHBC
Salary: £38,500 - £43,000 per annum
NHBC has an exciting opportunity for a Government & Policy Advisor to join the team based in London.
NHBC (National House-Building Council) the leading warranty and insurance provider and standard setter for UK house-building, are looking for a talented policy and public affairs specialist to help deliver an effective external affairs strategy.
The successful candidate will:
- Monitor policy developments across the UK and EU and communicate relevant developments internally
- Support in the development of policy positions, including drafting consultation responses
- Help to plan and deliver aspects of relevant events including high level roundtables
- Represent the organisation at appropriate networking events and meetings in Westminster, Brussels and the devolved nations
- Support a programme of site visits for high profile stakeholders
- Compile our unique quarterly statistics for external audiences
- Engage political audiences through the use of social media platforms
- Support in forging strong working relationships with colleagues across the UK
- Manage internal stakeholder databases
- Draft copy for internal communications
With excellent political awareness and the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to senior colleagues and stakeholders, as our Government & Policy Advisor you will play an important role in delivering NHBC’s busy external affairs programme.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent working knowledge of Parliamentary procedures and Whitehall departments
- Produces first-class writing including clear and concise briefings for internal and external audiences
- Has proven experience of advising and supporting senior colleagues
- Makes sound and evidence-based judgment calls
- Is extremely well-organised and pays keen attention to detail
- Can work autonomously and has a positive, can-do attitude
- Is educated to degree level or equivalent
Knowledge of housing issues is desirable but not essential.
This role is supported by an attractive package of benefits including a travel loan scheme and opportunities to access training and development, as well as the chance to work in our highly respected corporate and external affairs team.
Closing Date: 31 May 2018
Interview dates will be as soon as possible after manager has screened CV's.
Dependent on outcome of interviews an appointment could be made before the closing date.
Please apply using the following link