Date Added: 28 April 2018
: 16 May 2018
Job Title: Policy Officer (Business and Human Rights)
Working For: Global Partners Digital Limited
Salary: £30,000 -£35,000
Global Partners Digital (GPD) is seeking a highly motivated and organised Policy Officer to join our Business and Human Rights team and contribute to the work of one of our core projects.
The successful candidate will be a focused and dynamic individual with experience in the field of business of human rights, as well as of research, policy development and developing materials and resources. Outstanding attention to detail, the discipline to manage competing tasks simultaneously, and an ability to work independently and proactively are all critical qualities.
They will work closely with GPD’s Legal Officer and responsibilities include:
• Providing high quality research and policy advice to GPD and its partners, particularly on issues relating to digital policy within the field of business and human rights;
• Supporting the development of training materials and resources for civil society actors and tech companies related to business and human rights; and
• Supporting the development and implementation of international and national advocacy by GPD and its partners on digital policy issues within the field of business and human rights;
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• An undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field, such as law or politics;
• Practical experience in the field of business and human rights;
• Excellent research skills;
• An understanding of, and experience in, policy development;
• Strong self-motivation and organisational skills, and an ability to work independently to meet deadlines;
• Excellent written and spoken English; and
• Permission to live and work in the United Kingdom
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Practical experience assisting with the implementation of government-funded projects;
• Practical experience of working with civil society and the private sector, particularly from the global South;
• Practical experience of working on internal policy development of technology companies;
• Practical experience of, or an interested in, internet-related and digital issues; and
• Fluency in a language other than English.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Working days: Full time
• Length of contract: One year fixed term
• Holidays: 25 days (excluding public holidays)
Closing Date: 16 May 2018
Successful applicants will be invited for an interview at the GPD offices on Friday 25th May 2018.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
• Your CV (maximum 2 pages). The filename of your CV should be “Policy Officer LASTNAME FIRSTNAME CV”.
• Cover letter (maximum 1 page) stating why you feel that you are well-suited for this position. The filename of your cover letter should be “Policy Officer LASTNAME FIRSTNAME Cover Letter”.
• A written piece of no more than 500 words, answering the question: “What role should businesses play in protecting human rights?” Filename: Policy Officer LASTNAME FIRSTNAME Written Piece.