Date Added: 30 April 2018
: 28 May 2018
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Kensington, Chelsea & Fulham Conservative Association
Salary: Subject to experience
Kensington, Chelsea & Fulham Conservatives (KCFC) is a vibrant and thriving Conservative Association covering two high-profile Parliamentary constituencies. We are looking for someone with proven organisational/administrative skills, self-confidence and strong interpersonal skills to manage and develop the Association’s office. You will need to be a self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative and committed to the positive, supportive and collaborative culture that KCFC aims to uphold. Reporting to the KCFC Chairman, you will be in overall control of the Association office and its day-to-day operations. You will be the key point of contact within the Association, responsible for providing support to the KCFC Board, members, elected representatives, ward committees and the public.
Normal office hours are 9.30am to 5pm. Typically work a 37.5-hour week, you may need to come in early or stay late during busy periods; there may be some evening meetings. You may need to travel within London for occasional meetings.
A degree, HND or demonstrable practical experience; the following subjects may be helpful:
- Business administration/business management
- Computing and information technology
- Human resource management
- Public administration
Familiarity with employment, equality and diversity, and data protection legislation would be useful.
The work can be challenging as you are often responsible for meeting targets and deadlines and for staff discipline. You will need to have:
- Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure with attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, desktop publishing software (Microsoft Publisher, Adobe In Design or similar), MailChimp or similar bulk-mail package and/or other commonly used office packages
- Strong IT and keyboard skills
- Good team-working skills and the confidence to lead and motivate a team; the ability to manage your own workload and supervise the work of others concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads, with a problem-solving approach
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party
Closing Date: 28 May 2018
Interviews will be arranged for June 2018, with a start date as soon as possible afterwards for the successful candidate.
Enquiries and applications should be sent by email to Chairman@kcfc.org.uk with 'Office Manager Enquiry' or 'Office Manager Application' in the subject line. Enquiries will not be answered until after 8 May due to the borough council elections.
Applicants are invited to submit a CV and an application letter of no more than two sides explaining how they fit the skills required for the job.
We intend to acknowledge all applications unless overwhelmed by a large number.