Date Added: 30 April 2018
: 25 May 2018
Job Title: Development Intern
Working For: United World Schools
Salary: £70 per full day
United World Schools is looking for an ambitious undergraduate or graduate wanting to gain experience in international development and the charity sector. The internship will run for three months and will provide the opportunity to work closely with the fundraising team as we work towards our ambitious goal of enrolling 50,000 children into school.
The successful applicant would join our small central team, working closely with the fundraising team on a number of high-impact projects involving donor communications, events planning and the launch of our new website. The Development Intern will also be responsible for coordinating and executing the charity’s social media strategy, and working across key communications channels including our blog and newsletter.
The role is a part-time internship (3-4 days/week) for three months which would include, but not be confined to:
• Communication with our major donors through a variety of channels, including formal reporting and email updates.
• Applying and reporting to Trusts and Foundations to secure vital funding for our schools.
• Researching potential funders to grow our supporter base.
• Content creation for the UWS website and blog.
• Social media support across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
• Supporting coordination of two major events – a celebratory drinks event and a Gala Dinner.
• General administrative support across all UWS teams.
Read the full job description and specification at:
Closing Date: 25 May 2018
Interviews: w/c 4th June 2018
Start Date: Monday 18th June 2018
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (no more than 1 side) to: