Date Added: 30 April 2018
: 18 May 2018
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Lucy Powell MP (Manchester Central)
Salary: £19,641 - £25,000 pro rata, dependent on experience
Lucy Powell is looking for a member of her constituency team in Manchester. The successful candidate will be working as part of a small team in one of the biggest constituencies in the country, helping to manage a large volume of casework and help constituents on a wide range of issues.
The successful candidate will also assist with managing Lucy’s diary and keeping in touch with residents through face to face meetings and through social media.
Lucy welcomes applicants with a range of experience and applicants looking for a full time or a part time position.
- Deal with enquiries from the public by phone, letter and email, taking appropriate action to resolve, document or escalate concerns/enquiries to the Office Manager
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of complex casework issues including welfare benefits, immigration, health and housing
- Work with government departments and other external agencies to resolve matters on behalf of constituents
- Draft letters and respond to enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Use the PRS, independent research, as well as input from the Member to respond to constituents on issues of policy
- Attend surgeries as required and support community engagement activities
- Ensure cases are dealt with in a confidential and sensitive manner and ensure records of contact are kept in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Help to manage website and social media presence
- Excellent communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner with the confidence to deal effectively with constituents, outside bodies and others.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to empathise with constituents and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, to identify constituents’ issues, investigate them and respond appropriately.
- Excellent ICT skills required including the use of Microsoft Office suite, the ability to manage the website, electronic casework system and deal with bulk emails
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and be able to manage a large caseload.
- Sympathetic to the values and aims of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 May 2018
Interviews on 25th May.
Start date to be agreed.
Please send a CV and a cover letter with maximum 500 words to email@example.com with the subject line First Name, Surname, Constituency caseworker application.”
Unfortunately we will not be able to provide feedback to all applicants. We will be provide feedback to interviewed applicants and will endeavor to by request for others.