Date Added: 30 April 2018
: 18 May 2018
Job Title: Head of Research
Working For: Bright Blue
Bright Blue is an independent think tank and pressure group for liberal conservatism. We are looking for a Head of Research to join this ambitious, fast-growing organisation.
The successful candidate will become a senior member of the team, designing, managing and executing our research across Bright Blue’s five research areas: social reform; integrated Britain; energy and the environment; human rights and discrimination; and ageing society.
Our Head of Research will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing Bright Blue’s research programmes, including policy reports, expert analyses and essay collections.
- Leading and managing our research programme on energy and environment.
- Editing of and providing intellectual oversight for the work of other members of staff and associate fellows.
- Designing research methodologies, including data analysis, polling and depth interviews.
- Authoring research reports.
- Generating imaginative and credible policy ideas.
- Shaping the next phase of Bright Blue’s research by devising new research ideas and proposals.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders such as civil servants, special advisers, academics, journalists and politicians.
- Representing Bright Blue at public panel events and private roundtables.
- Representing Bright Blue in the media on a regular basis.
- Writing regular opinion articles and blogs on key policy areas, particularly energy and environment.
- Playing a leading role in Bright Blue’s fundraising efforts.
- Managing the work of staff members and associate fellows.
- Line-managing the energy and environment research team.
- Contributing to the intellectual capital and strategic direction of the organisation.
- A belief in Bright Blue’s core values.
- Extensive experience of public policy research, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Strong knowledge of or expertise in energy and environment policy, including an extensive network of relevant stakeholders.
- Significant experience designing and managing research projects.
- Proven management experience.
- Strong understanding of centre-right politics and public policy.
- Excellent writing ability, creative thinking and interpersonal skills.
- A self-motivated individual excited about working in a small business and who can work independently.
Closing Date: 18 May 2018
The closing time for applications is 12pm. The first round of interviews will take place the following week (w/c 21st May, 2018).
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Ryan Shorthouse, Director of Bright Blue, at email@example.com.