Date Added: 1 May 2018
: 21 May 2018
Job Title: Organising Secretary
Working For: Edinburgh Conservatives
The Edinburgh Conservative and Unionist Association is recruiting for the full-time position of Organising Secretary to help to build on the existing successes of the Association.
The Organising Secretary will be primarily responsible for: providing campaigning support for MSPs and Councillors; fundraising; maintaining membership records; and office administration.
We are seeking an experienced enthusiastic, well-organised, computer-literate self-starter and team player, who is able to work efficiently in a voluntary environment. The successful application should be someone enthusiastic and ambitious, who thrives on a wide-range of competing challenges. Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so working hours will of necessity be varied and flexible. This is a “rolling-up-the-sleeves”, do whatever needs to be done, frontline campaigning role.
The varied role of Organising Secretary includes responsibility for the following:
- Building the profile of the Party and candidates locally
- Developing an on-going programme of incumbency activities with elected representatives
- Recruiting volunteers and building campaign teams
- Basic office administration and providing secretarial support for the Association
- Ensuring membership records are kept up-to-date
- Driving an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
- Organising high-profile political meetings and events
- Co-ordinating a comprehensive fundraising programme and keeping records of funds
- Building and expanding delivery networks
- Maintaining and expanding a presence on multiple social media platforms
- Writing association literature, such as a regular members’ bulletin
An Organising Secretary must:
- Be a self-starter
- Be well organised, professional and punctual
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to lead and motivate colleagues and activists
- Be able to work as part of a team
The successful applicant will be based in our Edinburgh office full-time. It is essential that applicants are able to have a flexible approach to their work and hours, to ensure that the varied needs of the Association, elected representatives, and candidates can be met. The successful applicant should have a full, clean driving licence.
Closing Date: 21 May 2018
Interviews will commence following the closing date.
Should you wish to be considered for this post, please provide a full CV with names of 2 referees, one of whom should be your last or current employer.
Applications should be submitted to: The Chairman, Edinburgh Conservatives, 16 Quality Street Lane, Edinburgh, EH4 5BU or by email to email@example.com
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.