Date Added: 1 May 2018
: 18 May 2018
Job Title: Research Consultant and Graduate Intern
Working For: Lexington Communications
Two current vacancies – Research Consultant and Graduate Intern
Lexington Communications is the UK’s leading independent public affairs and communications agency, specialising in providing an issues-based approach to political and media challenges. We have a broad range of high profile clients in a number of different sectors including financial services, health, transport, energy and food.
Lexington is offering two exciting opportunities to join our team, as a Research Consultant and a graduate intern.
The successful candidates will play a key role in a busy team working across a range of communications campaigns and projects for Lexington’s global client portfolio. They will experience all aspects of work in a busy communications agency, including public affairs, PR and issues management.
Research Consultant responsibilities will include:
- Providing daily political and media monitoring across specific client sectors as well as general political issues
- Undertaking research projects for clients and the company
- Drafting materials such as briefings, reports and presentations
- Executing and contributing to the development of client work programmes
- Event planning and organisation
Graduate intern responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking political and media monitoring across a variety of client sectors and general political issues
- Providing research support for client accounts and wider company work
- Supporting with event planning and execution
- Providing general assistance to the company
The positions would suit recent graduates looking to build their experience in political consultancy, campaigning and corporate communications. We are looking for people with excellent written and verbal communications skills, a genuine passion and interest in the UK political system, excellent attention to detail, strong organisation and time management skills, and a positive, can-do attitude. Experience in public affairs, politics or the media is desirable.
The role of Research Consultant would suit a recent graduate with experience of public affairs. The role of graduate intern would suit a recent graduate who may not have direct experience of public affairs.
Closing Date: 18 May 2018
Interview dates: Interviews may take place before the closing date, so you are encouraged to apply early.
Start date: June 2018
To apply, please send a CV and a brief covering letter, explaining which role you are applying for and why you think you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org