Date Added: 1 May 2018
: 18 May 2018
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Working For: Coalition for Global Prosperity
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
The Coalition for Global Prosperity are a small and dynamic team with a big vision, where the contributions and skills of each person are valued and respected. The Chief Operating Officer position will sit at the heart of this close team, leading on all aspects of excellent financial and operational management, shaping the cycle of strategy planning, development and delivery, and ensuring that we deliver an effective fundraising programme.
This is a part time role, equivalent to three days a week. We are willing to discuss flexible working patterns for the right candidate, subject to effective delivery of the role.
To oversee and deliver all financial, operational and administrative functions of CGP, using judgement, vision, management, and strategic leadership to ensure that the organisation achieves its objectives.
- Financial management and budgetary oversight: leads on annual budget development to support the annual operating plan and overall strategy. Monitors cash-flow, oversees payments, oversees accountants, prepares financial reports for the board and donors.
- Legal and regulatory compliance: leads on liaison with regulators and lawyers. Responsible for producing all reports required by regulators, and monitoring compliance with all relevant regulation and legislation.
- Fundraising: works closely with the CEO on devising and implementing the Fundraising Plan, including leading on major donor grant development and reporting, and leveraging internal and external support as appropriate.
- People management: Oversees all internal HR issues including: oversight of appropriate staff policies and procedures; staff performance reviews; training opportunities and payroll management. Also recruits and manages external consultancy support (e.g. grant writing, legal counsel, specialist HR support)
- Strategic leadership: Supports CEO on strategy including: Board management; monitoring and evaluation; and development of annual operating plans
- Significant financial management experience, including budget development and oversight, translating that in to practical operational planning
- Experience of donor management and reporting
- Experience leading strategy development, including ensuring a strong and effective learning cycle
- Experience of HR policies development and implementation
- Experience of Compliance with legal and fiduciary responsibilities and translating that into operational practice
- Experience and track record of successful major grant proposal writing
- Interest or experience in international development
Skills and Qualifications:
- IT skills, Interpersonal Skills, Legal Compliance, Financial Analysis, Certification, Logistics Knowledge, Accounting Knowledge, Risk Management, Budgeting and Fundraising Experience, Strategic Planning, Business Development, HR management
Closing Date: 18 May 2018
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘Chief Operating Officer’ as the email subject line.