Date Added: 1 May 2018
: 23 May 2018
Job Title: Part-Time Caseworker
Working For: Andrew Rosindell M.P. (Romford)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Andrew Rosindell M.P. is seeking a Caseworker to join his team part-time, to be based in his Westminster office. Initially a temporary contract would be offered from the period of May-September, a permanent contract may then be offered to a suitable candidate.
This temporary role would ideally suit a recent graduate. The applicant should be discreet, highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced Parliamentary office.
No previous experience in Parliament necessary.
The job will involve:
- Dealing with constituents by letter, email and telephone in a sensitive and confidential manner.
- Providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with government departments, local councils and other bodies.
- Responding to constituents on a variety of local and national issues.
- Staying up-to-date on issues affecting Andrew Rosindell's constituency, including monitoring of local media.
- General office administration.
Candidates should have the following:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Good IT skills and knowledge of MS Office package with ability to adapt to new software. programmes. A strong team player but also able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to use initiative and proactively work through issues with constituents.
- Self-motivated and well-organised with the ability to work to agreed targets and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work from own initiative with minimum supervision.
- The ideal candidate will be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 May 2018
We intend to conduct interviews as soon as practically possible after the closing date in Westminster.
We intend the contract of employment to start as soon as possible.
To apply for this job, send your one page CV and covering letter to Glen.White@Parliament.uk with ROSINDELL CASEWORKER APPLICATION as the subject. Please indicate when you would be able to take up the position.
*This ad has been removed*