Date Added: 3 May 2018
: 21 May 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs Officer
Working For: NHS Confederation
Salary: £20,725 plus London weighting
Role: Permanent 36.5 hours per week
The NHS Confederation is looking for a full-time Public Affairs Officer to play a vital role in our public affairs team, which is part of our new communications and commercial services directorate.
Who are we?
The NHS Confederation is the authentic voice of NHS leadership. We are the only membership body that brings together, and speaks on behalf of, the whole health and care system.
About the role
The Public Affairs Officer will provide support to the Chief Executive and the networked organisations of the NHS Confederation. The post holder will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development and delivery of our overall stakeholder engagement strategy and leading on direct contact with stakeholders.
- Assisting with the organisation of public affairs events including parliamentary receptions, roundtables and one-to-one meetings.
- Writing briefings for the Chief Executive, senior NHS Confederation colleagues, and networked organisations.
- Managing correspondence between the CEOs office and parliamentary teams.
- Working closely with other colleagues to ensure the Confederation’s influencing work is based on research and intelligence.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who:
- are educated to degree level or equivalent;
- have prior experience of working in a public affairs, policy, campaigns or parliamentary environment, perhaps as a public affairs assistant, officer or intern;
- have excellent written and oral communications skills and good knowledge of politics, public affairs and the workings of parliament;
- have well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills;
- have knowledge of major health policy issues.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge on a wide-range of health-related areas, including mental health, commissioning, Brexit, the role of the third and private sector, social care, workforce, community health, primary care, finance and leadership.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Victoria Fowler via email (email@example.com).
Closing Date: 21 May 2018
Interview Date: 30th - 31st May 2018
Please download the job description from http://www.nhsconfed.org/about-us/vacancies/public-affairs-officer and email a CV and covering letter no longer than one page, outlining why you are interested in the role and how your knowledge and experience matched to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org