Date Added: 5 May 2018
: 21 May 2018
Job Title: Africa-Focused Political/Security Risk Analyst
Working For: Falanx Assynt
Salary: £30,000 +
We are seeking to recruit an Africa-focused political and security risk analyst to work in an embedded role in one of our client firms, a well-known global financial services corporation. The role will involve analysing security and political risk developments in Africa from a commercial and client-focused perspective.
The majority of work will focus on sub-Saharan Africa, however, it will also cover other areas of interest to the client firm including the Middle East and North Africa, and South and South-East Asia. An additional general knowledge of security and political issues in these areas is therefore an advantage.
The position is based in central London.
**Demonstrable knowledge of geopolitical, political and security issues affecting business in Africa, gained via both education and employment is a core requirement for this role**
• To be able to write clearly, simply, imaginatively and compellingly to native-speaker standards of English.
• A good sense of what political and security developments are of interest to commercial clients.
• To be able to speak engagingly to commercially focused personnel.
• At least two years’ relevant work experience, ideally including time spent working and studying in Africa.
• Strong self-discipline and attention to detail.
• Flexibility and self-confidence. The ability to get up to speed quickly on a country of which you may have little or no experience and to speak knowledgeably and confidently on such matters in a client environment.
• Political and security awareness. To be able to identify political and security issues and their likely consequences.
• Experience of security intelligence analysis in a corporate environment would be highly advantageous.
• A good degree, and ideally a relevant MA.
• Fluent French is highly preferable.
Closing Date: 21 May 2018
We are interviewing immediately. Start date will be June-July.
Please send a CV and a short (one-page) cover letter to email@example.com