A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Research Assistant to join Inside Government, a leading organiser of policy led forums for practitioners in the public sector. It is an exciting new role in a growing division with excellent career opportunities.
The Conference Production Assistant will be responsible for in-depth public policy research, writing agendas as well as inviting speakers, and managing and delivering their own portfolio of policy forums.
The position represents an exceptional opportunity for those interested in public policy and UK politics.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In depth research across a wide range of UK domestic policy areas
• Identifying, inviting, confirming and liaising with high profile speakers from across the public sector
• Producing event agendas and policy overviews
• Managing preparations for events and assisting speakers on-the-day
• Working closely with and briefing the marketing team to ensure events are a commercial success
• Developing and building relationships with sponsors, public sector stakeholders and other sector speakers and associations
• Generating innovative, commercially successful ideas that will appeal to both practitioners and suppliers
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A degree in UK politics or a related subject and an in depth knowledge of UK policy
• A strong interest in current affairs and politics
• The ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines and targets on a weekly basis
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong writing skills and editing skills
• An ability to work independently
• A great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude
• Previous conference experience is desirable, but not essential
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market.
Despite offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work, childcare vouchers and a pension, in return we also offer a positive inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals, whilst developing a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company
As soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.