Date Added: 8 May 2018
: 25 May 2018
Job Title: Constituency Assistant (Rutherglen and Hamilton West)
Working For: Ged Killen MP
Salary: £19,641 - £23,000 (dependent on experience)
Ged Killen is looking for a full-time Constituency Assistant to join his hardworking team based in Cambuslang.
The successful candidate will help to manage a large volume of casework, build a presence on social media, and liaise with local media on constituency issues.
Main duties include:
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Retain records and information confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act
• Draft responses to constituents
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
• Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries, etc
• Follow up on social media queries and comments
• Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters)
• Excellent communication skills. Must be able to deal with constituents and others in a confident and pleasant manner.
• Strong organisation and administrative skills with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
• The ability to empathise with constituents and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, to identify issues, investigate them and respond appropriately.
• The ability to plan, organise, and prioritise workload effectively.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent ICT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office. The ability to manage social media accounts, website, and the electronic casework system.
• Experience of creating digital content for social media/website is preferred but not essential.
• Sympathetic to the values and aims of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 May 2018
Interviews will be held on 01 June 2018.
Preferred start date is 09 July 2018 but this is flexible.
Please send a CV and a cover letter with maximum 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
First Name, Surname, Constituency Assistant application.
May 10: Clarified that this is a full-time role